Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Another Reminder

Just a quick post. I wanted to share this video since it really made an IMPRESSION upon me:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=298518800205715

Yeah, just like the horse's hoof would have made in that guy's skull if he hadn't been wearing a helmet. I actually heard the "thwock" noise when the horse connected. Rider looked a little groggy and probably wound up with a headache, but that beats the hell out of the hospital bed or morgue that he would have been in without a helmet. Seriously, I don't know if I've ever seen a better advertisement for helmet-wearing!

There was discussion on the place I found this regarding why the horse kicked out the way he did. Discomfort? Prior abuse? Aggression? Ill-fitting tack? Fear? I'm not sure myself. All I know is it had been me lying there, with flying hooves aimed in my direction, I would have been freaking out. He is one lucky guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!